This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy unstuffed peppers! This tasty one pan keto dinner recipe is easy to make and full of classic stuffed pepper flavor. Pair it with delicious low carb red wine from Secco Wine Club. Sponsored by Secco.
Let’s talk about easy keto dinner recipes, like this stuffed pepper skillet. And let’s also talk about delicious low sugar wines to go with them. Does that sound like a plan?
Because it sounds like a very good plan to me. I have made no bones about the fact that I drink wine. I often drink a glass of wine with my dinner. A single glass. And it’s a ritual I love. It’s something that makes my day feel complete.
So if your keto diet plan includes the occasional glass of wine, read on!
The best low sugar keto-friendly wines
I feel fortunate that I discovered Secco Wine Club a few years ago. They changed my perspective on the wine industry and have been my go-to wine ever since.
I won’t go into the sordid details except to say that it is indeed sordid. I outlined the whole thing in a post for Keto Meatloaf. It’s worth a read if you want to know what’s in the wine you’ve been drinking!
Suffice it to say that Secco is not at all sordid. They grow their grapes and produce their wines in Tuscany using old world methods. It’s called dry-farming, which means there is no forced irrigation. And they add nothing to the wine, no additives, no chemicals, nothing.
Which results in wines that are clean and crisp, and extremely low in residual sugars. In fact, there are less than 2 grams of sugars per BOTTLE in their popular PALO61.
Pairing with keto recipes
And of course, these delicious better-for-you wines go perfectly with your favorite keto recipes. I’m a red drinker almost exclusively and will drink it with meats, fish, and chicken. Proper wine pairings be damned!
But all of the PALO61 wines (red, white, and rosé) are spectacular. And I’ve explored some of their other wines as well. If you like a deeper, full bodied red, don’t miss the Grand Noir.
Unstuffed Peppers Skillet Meal
What’s easier than making stuffed peppers? Making unstuffed peppers, of course!
This easy skillet meal takes only about 30 minutes, start to finish. And by replacing the standard rice with riced cauliflower, you’ve turned it into something healthy, hearty, and delicious.
Not to mention a recipe that the whole family will love. TWO of my kids came back for seconds.
Tips for Keto Stuffed Pepper Skillet
This easy, healthy dinner recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Here are my best tips for getting it right.
- Be sure to use a nice big 12 inch skillet. With all the cauliflower rice, peppers, and tomatoes, you will need it!
- Brown the beef with the seasonings first, to make sure it cooks through properly. You could drain the fat after the beef is done. I personally prefer not to.
- I used fresh cauliflower rice for this recipe but it should work just as well with frozen. It will take about the same amount of time to cook.
- Go easy on the onion, as it’s surprisingly high carb. I used only 1/4 cup of chopped onion to flavor the recipe.
- Green pepper is lower in carbs than red or orange, so you will see that I used a whole green pepper and only half an orange one.
- I also went easy on the tomatoes and tomato paste. I wanted the flavor and color of the tomatoes without adding too many carbs.
- Mozzarella is great for the topping and makes it a bit meltier and gooier but you can use any cheese you prefer. Cheddar or Monterey Jack would be delicious.
Now go… head the kitchen and whip up this easy stuffed pepper skillet. And be sure to pair it with a low carb, low sugar wine from Secco Wine Club!
More delicious skillet dinners
Keto Stuffed Pepper Skillet
Easy unstuffed peppers! This tasty one pan keto dinner recipe is easy to make and full of classic stuffed pepper flavor.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces cauliflower rice fresh or frozen
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium red or orange pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
In a large 12 inch skillet set over medium heat, heat the oil until hot. Add the beef, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook, breaking up any clumps with the back of a wooden spoon, until the beef is nicely browned.
Stir in the cauliflower rice, chopped peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and water until well combined. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more, until the cheese is melted.
Serving: 1serving = 1/6th of recipe | Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.5g | Protein: 28.1g | Fat: 28.3g | Fiber: 2.1g