- 1 lb ground pork (or other meat)
- 1 egg
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 400g-can of tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Slice the eggplant into long thin slices. Salt well and press paper towels on top to soak up excess water. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the seasoning together in a small bowl (onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper).
- Combine the egg and ground pork and 1/2 the seasoning in a separate bowl.
- Combine the tomato sauce with the rest of the seasoning.
- Spoon the pork mixture on top of the eggplant slices and roll up the slices (makes approximately 12 rollatini).
- Lay the rolls flat on a baking tray. (Use a cocktail stick to secure the rolls in place, if needed)
- Bake for 30 minutes. Use a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145F.
- (If you want to add cheese to this dish, you can sprinkle a bit of mozzarella on top of the rollatini 10 min from the end of the baking time.)
- Heat up the sauce in a saucepan and pour over the rollatini.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 19g