These Chili Lime Prawns with Avocado Feta Salsa make for a wonderfully fresh and light dinner. Tender, juicy grilled prawns, perfectly seasoned and marinated, paired with a cooling summer salsa made with fresh avocado, tomato, feta, capers, garlic, red onion, artichoke hearts and fresh citrus. Best of all, this dish can be made in less than 30 minutes.
For the Chili Lime Grilled Prawns
- 1 ½ pounds prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional as garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
For the Avocado Feta Salsa
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 small tomato – seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ½ of a small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 small lime
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the prawns, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, chili powder, lime juice and lime zest. Toss to mix. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 6 hours.
- Skewer the marinated prawns. There should be a total of 8 skewers, with 5 to 6 prawns on each one.
- Grill the prawns over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side. You will know they are done when they turn pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, garlic, artichoke hearts, capers, feta cheese, red onion, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Gently toss to mix. Refrigerate 1 hour. Divide the avocado feta salsa between 4 plates and top each one with 2 prawn skewers.
- Storage: I recommend eating the salsa right away. The avocados will brown if stored. Prawns can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: I recommend reheating the prawns in a pan on the stove.
- Category: Seafood Recipes
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: keto seafood recipes, low carb Mexican recipes, keto salsa recipes, how to grill prawns, chili lime prawns